Saturday, July 4, 2009

Touch?

I have been doing a lot of reading about the technical aspects of playing the piano and what some of the great pianist's have to say and do about it also. Today, during my regular morning practise session, I really felt that I am starting to understand and put in to practice some of what I have been reading about.
The key issues:
1. A well supported upright sitting position from which relaxation from the shoulders down through the arms and wrists and in to the hands can be achieved
2. Position of the hands on the keyboard, being much flatter with lower wrists than I when I first started this journey which seems to allow me to pass the thumb through under the fingers more easily resulting in more facility and ease in scales and arpeggios and produces a far better tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment