Tuesday, November 10, 2009

C Blues - just love it!

Now that we are all settled into the new house I am back into my piano practise routine.
I spend far too much of that time improvising over a 12 bar blues in the key of C (working on G and A also). I use a simple walking bass pattern in the left hand and a combination of David Sprunger licks I have learnt and a whole lot of other licks I have come across in the hours I have wiled away. On the advice of Mr Sprunger I have also been practising blues scales in octaves (block and split) and have just started to introduce these into my impros too. Damn - it is such a lot of fun and a style I really want to nail ultimately.
I have finally got my Casio connected up to Logic Pro and will put together a little track with backing and post it soon so as you can hear how I am going or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment